Convenient log hybrid heat pump
The innovative combination of a highly efficient log heating system and advanced heat pump technology offers you optimum heating convenience with first rate levels of economy.
Summary of test assessments:
"highest convenience for log boilers thanks to optional automatic heat pump operation; load troughs of the wood boiler are covered; surplus power from the PV system can be utilised; quiet outdoor unit operates with inverter technology; requires refrigerant; ..."
- Tested for cleanest combustion and particularly high efficiency to EN 303-5 during 2002 and 2004 by the BLT Wieselburg and in 2011 by the TÜV SÜD Austria
- Tested for mechanical robustness (under pressure) by the TÜV SÜD SZA
- Tested in accordance with the strict requirements of the European Machine and Plant Safety (CE)
- Tested for electrical safety by Ziviltechnik Stöp
- Assessment of risk analysis and CE certification by HET engineers
Awarded the Energie Genie [Energy Genius] 2002
Awarded the Bavarian Innovation Prize 2002
Awarded the Energy Globe 2003
Awarded the Austrian Environmental seal ZU 37
LOG INDOOR UNIT
The high grade log module with stainless steel hopper is suitable for logs up to 0.5 m in length. Its innovative wood gasification technology lets it operate with high efficiency and extremely low emissions. This results in particularly low heating bills, even with high flow temperatures – and when it gets really cold. Logs are amongst the most favourably priced and crisis-resistant fuels available.
AIR SOURCE OUTDOOR UNIT
The combination with the air source outdoor unit makes heating with logs even more attractive. The automatic selection between economical log operation when temperatures drop and utilising the air source heat pump in milder weather, when lower flow temperatures are required, makes this system particularly efficient. The automatic holiday mode, dual mode fail-safe assurance and the utilisation of power generated on site offer a unique level of log heating convenience previously unseen.
EFFICIENCY AND CLEANLINESS
The unique combustion concept, with lateral rotating combustion chamber, is clearly superior to conventional combustion systems when it comes to efficiency, flexibility and protection of the environment. It enables very long periods of extremely clean combustion.
Optional automatic ignition offers the highest level of convenience in log burning mode – not forgetting the highly useful ash separation/ash box, and robust, semi-automatic, cleaning operation. Logs can be ignited subject to time and temperature. The ignition can also be used to provide a useful heat-up function. Naturally, operation can also be continued automatically by means of the air source outdoor unit.
Heating without energy ties
Energy costs, consumption and availability are issues that will continue to increase in importance in the years ahead. This hybrid system already offers persuasive solutions and makes feasible standalone values of up to 90 % and higher, even in older buildings. To achieve this, an energy supply system for a private home requires a photovoltaic system with the ability to utilise generated power on site (EV), a small battery storage unit and the utilisation of residual power by the air source heat pump, combined with a highly efficient pellet heating system for cold and sunless winter days.
HIGH GRADE COMPONENTS
To safeguard unsurpassed reliability, our BMK systems are made exclusively in Austria, from high grade materials. The perfectly made and acid resistant stainless steel hopper, the resilient silicon combustion chamber, the internally air cooled induction fan, the robust lambda probe and the high grade air servomotor achieve previously unattainable longevity and low maintenance costs.
It's all a matter of technology
Lower box (with ash box)
The unique separation of ember bed and combustion chamber, in conjunction with the special air preheating, ensures the highest gasification temperatures. As a result, the BMK also sets new benchmarks when it comes to the combustion of wood with varying qualities, such as hardwood, softwood or wood remnants.
A++ heat pump technology
These quiet air source heat pumps operate with inverter technology. As part of the process, the refrigerant is initially evaporated by the environmental energy in the outdoor unit. It is then compressed using highly efficient technologies. The heat is then transferred to the heating system inside the condenser. The high level of efficiency to A++ rating is ensured by the large heat exchanger. Finally, the refrigerant is relaxed again under controlled conditions, and the refrigerant temperature reduced to the required base level.
ENJOY CONVENIENT HEATING
Up to 94 % efficiency
- Optimised combustion thanks to a rotating combustion chamber and control with lambda probes
- Low running costs through the highest levels of efficiency and low energy consumption
- Large robust hopper for long charging intervals
- Highest gasification temperatures and minimum emissions
- Also suitable for woodchips
- Semi-automatic cleaning and innovative touchscreen controller for maximum operating convenience
- Highest safety results from the use of highly selected components and intelligent safety functions
- Automatic ignition
- Combustion chamber made from high grade fire cement
- Robust cast iron grate for high thermal and mechanical stress resistance
- Solid stainless steel doors in precision quality
- Many subsidy options resulting from very clean and efficient combustion
- Little space required, as layout is designed for front access
- First class spare parts service from our own production
Tabelle zum scrollen
2.5 - 20 (30)
3.5 - 20 (30)
Energy efficiency class
Weight, indoor unit
Weight, outdoor unit
Power connection indoors
230 VAC / 13 A
230 VAC / 13 A
Power connection outdoors
400 VAC / 16 A
400 VAC / 16 A
Details, log module
Combustion chamber depth
Max. operating pressure
Flow and return
Flue pipe diameter
Required chimney draught
Details, air source outdoor unit
2.5 - 9.0
3.5 - 16
Sound pressure level (at 5 m)
1/4"; 5/8" insulated
3/8"; 5/8" insulated
Wood is a sustainable fuel with excellent combustion values. It grows locally, is available in almost unlimited amounts, and offers short transportation routes.